Newest Accounts

I Did Leave, Didn't I?

I was told that I had given a friend of mine an STD, which was not true, but at the time I was told that I needed to have penicillin. He took me to the hospital where they proceeded to give me shots. A male nurse gave me the shots. I was fine at first but as he gave me more shots, I started feeling weird and told him something was wrong. He tried to assure me that there was nothing wrong, but the room started spinning and I got a death grip on his stomach while saying make me believe it. I was on my stomach and I started having convulsions, which were so strong that my legs were buckling up under me and hitting my chest. Because I had my hand on the nurse's stomach he couldn't get to a call button, but the sound of convulsions got and someone came rushing into the room and said, "Oh my God." By this time I could not see anything in the room, only a tunnel with a really bright light at the end of it. About that time, two other people came into the room. I knew I was hyperventilating and trying to stay calm, but I had a great deal of pain.

I have always had the ability to know things, not always what was happening but that it was, that somebody died, or that I needed to wait to start a trip only to find a big wreck I would have been in the middle of. When my daughter was two years old and I was pregnant with my son, my grandfather died. I had no details about the services and kept hesitating to go, but finally I decided to just go. While I was gone, I left my car in front of my aunt's house and went with my parents. When we returned, there was a wreck with another four-month pregnant woman. She had been hit and knocked into the opposite bank of a sand wall. One of the cars hit my car. I knew something was wrong, but I went anyway. I have always had these abilities, and could tell you a dozen things that have happened mostly before the death experience. I can't consider it a near-death experience because I actually died. I left my body. I was absolutely angry when they brought be back. While out of my body, I had no more pain and the most incredible sense of peace that I have ever known. I was told later that I had a heart seizure during all of this. In the tunnel I saw a picture of my heart beating and a shadow (like a roll top deck being pulled down over the light). Every time I would calm myself the shadow would lift slightly but go down progressively as this proceeded. I was terrified. I continued to see my heart and the shadow going down. They must have been able to tell that I was dying because they kept saying things like oh, my God, while they held me down and gave me adrenelin, I think. They were hitting all my pressure points with it and held me down until the convulsions stopped. As I heard them trying so hard to save me, I started talking. A peace had come over me that I can't explain, and I said, "It's okay. It's not your fault, this was supposed to happen. It's okay." By this time the shadow was almost completely covering the light, and I said, "And the lights went out."

I left my body and went out into what looked like a beautiful star- filled night with the most incredible peace. I had no more pain. I had accepted death; I believe the only way a person can die is to accept it. Suddenly, I was yanked back to my person, and came to gray as a guy I had seen who was dead from a heart attack. I knew it had happened, I knew it was real. They denied anything happened at the time, but I got to know the male nurse on purpose to get him to discuss it with me. I asked him later how long I was gone and he said about three minutes. I said, "I did leave, didn't I?" He responded that I had absolutely gone, died. At that time, I was absolutely terrified to get another shot for any reason. He told me I had given myself a heart murmer because of the heart seizure, and for several years you could hear it. The doctor said that it would heal. However, every once in a while I get a stitch of pain under my left arm along my chest wall where the murmur could be heard shortly after this all happened.

For a while I would start hyperventilating at the thought of anything that scared me, especially shots, drugs, etc., with needles. I had bad dreams and was so terrified. I needed help so I contacted a mental health clinic. I went to see a psychologist. The first thing she said when I started to panic was, "I could help you, but I won't." which made me panic even more. She said that I had to control it because I could die from hyperventilating. She could not help me, only I could help me. So I stopped hyperventilating and started talking to her. We talked a long time and discussed fears from earlier in my life. I discovered that the fear dated back to about age five when my sister had hepititus and got a gamiglobin shot, which I thought had made her worse. This phobia and an experience at the dentist where a needle got twisted in my gums made me unconsiously terrified of needles. Anyway, I went on with her for about four sessions and then joined her group sessions. After a year I was dealing well with all my fears and had begun to handle them proactively.

I will never forget this experience. I will never consider life longer than two minutes long because that's about how long it took me to be dead. From that time on, after relieving the fear, I have valued my life so much more. Shortly after this happened, I met an architect apprentice who had an almost identical experience that we talked about. Since then, I have had an ectopic pregnancy and nearly died, had a direct hit by lightening, and had so many near misses that it is incredible that I am still alive. One thing I have decided is there's reason to be here as I should be dead many times over. I also decided that a person has to choose to let go in order to die.

Share this post

Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn


twitter  you tube  facebook


Explore the Extraordinary