NDE-Like Accounts

Man leaves body during the night, but returns quickly

I passed away in May 1986. I was sleeping - no dreams I can remember - and suddenly woke up and was instantly wide awake.

Laying on my side I faced the bedroom window, with curtains illuminated by a street light from the neighboring street, and my nightstand clock that read 3:42 AM. A few seconds later I turned my head and looked straight up at the spinning ceiling fan over the bed, feeling very dizzy while doing so. But not dizzy in a normal way; it was a "dislocated dizzy" (best I can describe it). I slowly turned towards the clock and "me" seemed to lag behind my physical motion by a second or so. It was not unpleasent. I did this a few more times and confirmed the disjointed effect between my mental and physical self was real and still present. I turned on my back and stared straight ahead. Deciding to test my intuition, "I" mentally moved forward - without moving a muscle, without thinking. It felt right; it felt like the thing to do. Almost instantly my hearing (normally a 24/7 roar because of severe tinnitus) "swooshed" down to a dull roar. My vision went dark but I continued to move forward. I felt the feeling in my fingers, toes, then legs and arms, disappear like a wave moving up my body. I could see a very dull visual bumpy tunnel, like I was moving through my brain, along with hearing a very dull and distant low rumble. I felt the wave move up my torso, my neck, and then my head, and lastly I felt my heart stop. I knew I was dying but was not worried or concerned, just intensely curious, like I had done this before. At that moment I became aware of the bedroom ceiling fan, closer now, but everything was ultra realistic. I had left my body and was "on my way." Moving higher and closer to the spinning blades on the fan, I was aware of the bedroom, clock, streetlight illumination, gently swaying window curtains, bathroom vanity, and my sleeping wife below. She was almost 9 months pregnant with my son. I immediately stopped my progress and realized I could not leave them and that I must return. Suddenly - like passing over the biggest mental pothole imaginable - I "slammed" back into my body. Within a second I felt my heart start... "thump... thump... thump thump thump"... and with that a wave sweeping downward as my body reconnected. I gulped my first breath. Then pure pain as blood started to flow and my body came alive again, like when a numb appendage regains feeling. Except this was my entire body. The pain was almost unbearable, but after about five minutes it tapered off and I was back to normal. I thought, "Wow. That was neat!", turned over, and went back to sleep.

The total out-of-body experience? Maybe 15 to 20 seconds max. I neither saw nor detected a deity of any kind but did feel I was being observed or watched over. What I experienced was as real as me sitting here and typing this. What I experienced was a PROCESS. It felt like it was simply part of reality, of our Universe, and a "gift" that proved that I would exist past death. I had been asking for proof or a sign since I was 10 years old and finally received an answer. During the NDE I was completely at peace, very very curious, no fear, and anxious to continue at that time. This has not happened again since. But I am ready when death comes.

Share this post

Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TechnoratiSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn


twitter  you tube  facebook


Explore the Extraordinary